Audio Artist I - Technical Sound Designer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 177347
Position Title: Audio Artist I
Audio Artist I – Technical Sound Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Create Audio is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Audio Artist with technical proficiency who can make an immediate contribution to our team. You will have experience in audio logic systems, visual scripting, and implementation. You will report to the Development Manager and work with the Audio leads and have an intermediate understanding of game development. You will have a technical background, a passion for video games, and an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
- Create quality audio for video games
- Gather and verify content for the creative and the functions in technical design
- Submit final audio files on or before required deadlines
- Tune interactive elements regarding audio inside of the game engine
- Quality control of work to expected standards and targets for project(s)
- Advocate and help design audio pipeline features and workflow processes
- Audio post-production for in-game video content
- Assets Management (Editing, naming and file organization)
- 3+ years game/audio experience
- Sound knowledge of modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one major DAW (ProTools, Nuendo, Live, Reaper)
- Have experience with visual programming language for audio (Unreal Blueprints, Max/MSP, PureData)
- Experience with some game development tools such as Perforce, Jira, Devtrack
- Experience with cinematics and gameplay captures (OBS)
- Document and summarise audio systems to the dev team collaborators
- Sound artistic and creative sensibilities
- Experience with console development such as PS5 / Xbox / Switch
- Knowledge of soccer leagues, teams and rules
- Experience with relational databases (MS Access)
- Scripting or programming knowledge used to automate tasks (Python, Batch scripts)
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Artist I - Technical Sound Designer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 65
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.