Posizione: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 177339
Position Title: Technical Director I
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects span the digital touchpoints where players work with the EA Network, including EA's gaming service on PC by Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
Joining EAX means shaping EA's online presence; opportunity to evolve a subscription service spanning three major platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that "we see farther," and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
In your role as Senior Software Engineer/Technical Director, you will provide technical leadership for your team, driving innovation in development processes, product architecture, and driving engineering projects which support our delivery capabilities, quality and reliability. You work in a positive way to mentor engineers on your team, empowering them to provide the best possible product and run it as a live service.
You bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 8+ years' industry experience engineering complex products that span multiple platforms in C++
- Experienced in building large deployments of consumer facing networked applications for PC, Mac, gaming consoles or mobile devices
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience in the field
- Guide technical projects and be accountable to the technical quality of your areas of ownership
- Mentorship and the experience to grow engineers
Some other areas you may know about:
- Web technologies, like Angular/React
- AWS or other cloud hosting solutions
- CDN driven content delivery
- Test automation
- Publishing games to other platforms such as Steam or Epic
- Management of security escalations and concerns.
Reporting to a Senior Technical Director, you'll build relationships and work with…
- Other members of the EAX organization such as engineering leadership, product management and design to determine product requirements, develop technical designs and implementations to meet them.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Days Open: 7
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.