Associate Character Artist
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 177261
Position Title: Associate Character Artist
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators covering Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. Fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide, we push visual boundaries and create leading edge content. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
The Character Artist builds the geometry of organic and inorganic characters in the game. EA Character Artists are experienced in human character modeling of both realistic and stylized figures in Maya. Character models are complex and detailed in video games with some characters coming close to 500,000 polygons. Reporting to the team Development Manager, the Character Modeler will be asked to show an interest in opportunities to improve character creation across multiple teams within EA. They will work directly with the Lead Character Modeler and the AD to ensure content is meeting the quality bar.
- 3+ years' experience in modeling and character art
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to a portfolio on your resume.
- Experience working with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Experience in prototyping and working with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, and engineers.
- Knowledge of new industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette, and topology and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a broad mix of character-related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging & binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Demonstrate an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair.
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Demonstrate an ability to document workflows that will be used by our teams.
- Sports knowledge and is a plus, but not a requirement!
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):º $31 - $47
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):º $28 - $47
- New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):º $28 - $47
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):º $28 - $42
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):º $28 - $42The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Character Artist
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 38
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.