Game Integration Manager
Multiple Locations: Austin, TX, USA • Galway, Ireland • Ireland
Requisition Number: 177087
Position Title: Program Manager
Game Integrations Manager
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. We want a job that inspires them while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We're hiring a Game Integrations Manager.
You will be part of EA's Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience organization strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We're players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
You will lead the systems integrations, in collaboration with EA game teams and IT groups by creating the technology requirements to ensure game data is integrated into customer experience tech and tools such as self-service, CRM and toxicity management applications. You will work with the IT groups of multiple EA organizations as well as with partner groups from game studios, central services and within CE. We are looking for a Game Integrations Manager with experience in the product space, with the technical skills to operate with multiple IT teams.
You will have a wide range of responsibilities and reports to the Director of Systems and Lifecycle Services.
So how does the Game Integrations Manager make great experiences for players? They:
- Review, comprehend and translate business requirements into clear, consumable user stories that the development teams
- Help build contingency planning and guide the team through unplanned changes and pivots
- Partner with developers within game teams, collaborating on having unified goals when it comes to the integration's service to both groups and the player experience
- Prepare to be able to identify risks before they materialize and swiftly escalate with the game teams to ensure both groups are informed and working together in mitigating
- Work with partner teams, looking for opportunities for improvements in efficiency, reporting and execution of the systems integrations
- Lead/promote discussions in the POD format with regards to the decisions on the strategic approach to an individual title as well as the approach of the group
Team member and partner relationship management
- Collaborate with partners to ensure they are informed and updated on integrations schedules, statuses and blockers
- Work with all partners to ensure their needs and concerns are considered and addressed in a timely and informed manner
- Manage relationships with game teams, central services teams, and integration-affecting partners as the main point of contact for your integration
- Implement, as an important primary team member of the Experience Lifecycle pods, on the assigned tasks but also participate as part of the team, ensuring all the team's activities are completed as well
- Help communication between two external partner teams (studio or central) when matching them for recommendation or reference purposes on anything from scope definition, risk mitigations and timeline development
- Ensure documentation on sprint schedules, reporting and associated variances is maintained and up-to-date
- Accountable for the sprint release notes creation and distribution
- Collaborate with QA and UAT to ensure testing preparedness, documentation and reporting for your integrations
- Maintain accurate documentation aimed at ensuring knowledge is not siloed and/or limited to one person or group
- Collaborate with leadership in the continuous improvements to processes associated with and impactful the game integrations team
- Ensure the integrations are constantly meeting the shared goals of CE as they pertain to achieving the best player experience possible
- Listen to internal product users to understand how they use the integrated tools and features
- Establish documentation of existing capabilities in order to use the knowledge and context when recommending to game teams the business appropriate solution
- Participate in periodic roundtable sessions and focus groups of product users impacted by the integrations pre and post project completion
- Understand the impact of the integrations on the operational indicators and the advisor experience
- Have a deep understanding of the user experience, the short- and long-term strategy and the associated functionality of CE systems that are integrated
- Constantly work with partners in the System Owners and Product Management groups to ensure information is always being exchanged between the teams
- Collaborate with the product launch partner teams such as the Lifecycle Experience Managers and Live Experience Specialists to ensure understanding and proper knowledge transfer on the games that are being integrated
- From the Game Integrations space, partner with the Product Management teams in generating short and medium-term, quick win, solutions that can offer swift operational improvements and indicator lifts
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Business, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working within or in close partnership with a systems integrations team
- 4+ years of experience as a product owner, program manager or system admin
- Strong business strategy and critical thinking skills with the ability to get into the technical details
- Proficient knowledge of the product development process and the associated concepts
- Experience managing technical programs involving partners from different departments working towards a unified solution across divisions
- Experience as a JIRA power-user
- Experience networking and collaborating
- Understand trends and convert into applicable efforts
- Experience working with an outsourced development team
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $107,450 - $153,250
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $107,450 - $166,550
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $108,700 - $166,550
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $107,450 - $153,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Integration Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 114
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.