Sound Designer (Contract) - Madden
Multiple Locations: Montreal, QC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 177066
Position Title: Audio Artist III
EA Create Audio is an award-winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, our Audio team is driving industry-leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation, and uncompromising quality.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within our team, directly supporting titles in EA Sports.
Audio Artists will be responsible for a variety of audio-specific project(s), with the goal of creating a quality audio experience for our players. You would work directly with the Development Manager and Audio Leads. Candidates will need to have skills in post-production and in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in more than one of the following components – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation.
- You would be responsible for designing and implementing audio content.
- Designing and implementing sound patches according to our technical guidelines.
- You would help debug logic schematics and system components.
- Responsible for setup, tuning and debugging behavior of coded or prefabricated runtime systems.
- You would utilize visual programming and scripting languages to achieve desired results from audio runtime systems.
- Have an understanding of the interactions between various runtime systems, their effects on mix, and other global systems.
- Understand and author scripted workflows.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years audio production experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of game audio experience
- Experience in field recording and remote production
- Fully proficient in DAW production and associated audio production tools
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Proficiency in Python scripting a plus
- Solid experience using game audio development tools, technology, and pipelines
- Solid understanding of multichannel audio production and object audio considerations
- Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
- Outstanding sound design and listening skills
- Experience in the area of technical implementation of game audio
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $75,650 - $114,150
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $70,550 - $114,150
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $70,550 - $114,150
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $70,550 - $103,150
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $70,550 - $103,150
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Sound Designer (Contract) - Madden
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 90
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.