Live Operations Designer
Location: Manchester, UK
Requisition Number: 177025
Position Title: Game Designer I
Founded in 2010, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award-winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android, including the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
Golf Clash has been entertaining millions of players for over 5 years, and it is our goal to continue providing new features and content to our fans for many more years to come. We are presenting a rare opportunity for a Live Operations Designer to join the Golf Clash team and help us to continue to grow our game!
Based at our purpose built studio in Wilmslow, near Manchester, as a Live Operations Designer, you will collaborate with Production, Designers, Artists, and other live-op content creators to produce designs and input data for our weekly releases.
Reporting to the Head of Production, you will share daily updates with your senior peers and other Live-op team members. Once settled in the role, you will mentor Junior Designers and train them on data management and data entry.
Live Op Content Planning:
- Create and maintain a 12-month live op roadmap with Development Manager & Marketing team.
- Collaborate on theming design with UA/Marketing team and Artists.
- Collaborate on Ball stats planning with the Business Intelligence and Design teams.
Live Op Data Management:
- Weekly Tournament, Bundle, Ball and Season Pass data.
- Checkpoint Challenge data setup and maintenance.
- Golden Shot data setup and maintenance.
- Work with the development teams to fix bugs in the above areas.
- Develop and maintain data setup documentation, including step by step guides, workflow diagrams and examples of data setups.
- Optimisation of Live Ops. Work with the Analytics team to monitor performance and make improvements.
- At least 3 years' experience working in a Game development studio.
- Experience working on a live game with experience working on Live Operations content delivery and data.
- Prior working experience with game databases and data structures.
- Strong Excel experience, especially in relation to balancing game systems.
- Technical skills and knowledge of game development tools including Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience supporting games, with a significant user base, through maintenance, new feature deployment and live operations.
- Interest in mobile games, with an understanding of the free-to-play genre.
- An eye for efficiency to improve workflow in the level-design process.
Community / Marketing Title: Live Operations Designer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 23
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.