Location: Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 177023
Position Title: Concept Artist 2
Title: Concept Artist
Location: Shanghai, China
# of openings: 1
Job Description/ 工作职责：
The Concept Artist will have a significant role in establishing and defining the visual design for anything from individual assets to entire art visions.
The Concept Artist should possess the ability to set forth the art vision and create imagery that will communicate the visual experience and help blueprint all the aspects of the game for content authoring.
The Concept will communicate expressively and creatively with multiple POC`s from Art directors to domain artists.
概念设计师会和多位POC 包括从艺术总监到domain lead进行富有表现力和创造性的交流。
The Concept Artist should have a deep understanding of composition and color, the ability to render exciting designs, and a strong sense of vision for conceptual art.
- A deep understanding and enthusiasm for all aspects of realistic and stylized conceptual art, such as: characters, environments, mechanical objects, props, etc
- Excellent drawing and painting skills in both traditional and digital formats • Creative, adaptable and flexible art style with attention to aesthetic detail
- Ability to convey a message through visual presentation
- Proficiency in Photoshop or Painter or similar software
- Well versed in principles of color theory and lighting
- Experience with rapid-iteration of drawings and paintings
- Proactive personality with a passion to self-drive ideas, active communication and help promote the domain
- Willingness to present ideas and knowledge and workflow share with others
- Familiar with western culture
- 5 years+ for concept in games or a related field
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet project requirements
Desirable Skills/ 最好具备的技能：
- Formal traditional art training
- English and Mandarin proficiency
- Familiarity with 3d software
- A resume and portfolio that reflects the skills and abilities above
- Passion for games
- Strong technical and communication skills
- 2 years+ games production experience
- Additional illustration or design skills
- A solid understanding of asset management practices
- Good aptitude for problem solving and self-starting with the ability to work with minimal direction
Community / Marketing Title: Concept Artist
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 55
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.