Senior Technical Artist
Multiple Locations: Pasadena, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 177020
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist 2
Development Technology & Solutions spans four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. We partner in every development phase while improving our expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services.
The STG Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Senior Pipeline Technical Artist on the team, you will focus on internal tools used to generate high-quality game assets from high-resolution scanned assets. You will gather requirements, design tools, debug, build pipelines and tools, automate processes for curation and uploading assets, work on complex problems with artists and other engineers in the domain of tools, pipelines, and develop workflows to improve quality and improve processes. You will report to a team Development Director with support from the Technical Art Directors.
Day to day you will...
- Gather user requirements, design, debug, test and maintain quality and reusable code
- Work with customers (i.e., artists, engineers) to create and support pipelines, tools and automation processes for getting content from its source, through curation, and up to asset management system
- Evaluate assets and determine the direction of development depending on the asset type
- Participate in code reviews, best practice documentation and other tech community projects
- 5-7 Years of relevant experience
- Experience working with python
- Experience in the VFX industry as an engineer or technical director, utilizing VFX production pipelines and common DCC apps (Maya, Houdini, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training and professional experience
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices (e.g., design patterns, object-oriented design)
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with rigging and lighting artists and software engineers within games or film.
- Experience in web app development
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $129,050 - $204,600
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $127,850 - $204,600
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $127,850 - $204,600
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $127,850 - $189,050
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $127,850 - $189,050
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 91
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。