Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada • Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 176986
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
Vancouver, BC, CA
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our experienced team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and collaborating to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.. This is an opportunity to join a team to help promote quality across Frostbite and EA, reporting to the Frostbite Quality Development Manager.
Note that a Quality Designer may also be known as Quality Analyst, Quality Specialist, Quality Assurance Lead, or Test Lead.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As an Associate Quality Designer for Frostbite, you will identify, report on, and achieve quality targets for their specialized technologies within the engine. You will work with several other quality professionals in similar roles to help determine quality standards and achieve quality goals across our many groups.
- Foster relationships with development partners. Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met and they are updated with relevant information throughout the development cycle.
- Collate and track measurements. Analyze and use data to make informed decisions.
- Be adaptable to incoming tasks and changes in priority. Work with other teams to better understand and mitigate a variety of potential risks.
- Partner with your QA colleagues to avoid cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Look for opportunities to improve the quality of your team's process and workflows.
- Investigate problems to understand the root cause and fixing it with your team
- Lead initiatives within the Frostbite QA space, create test plans and milestones, lead team to execute plans to completion
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred).
- Desire to take ownership of for quality and project requirements.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio).
- 1 or more years of QA software testing and test planning
- Experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Experience with game pipelines
- Familiarity with development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail).
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 8
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.