Principal Level Designer
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176965
Position Title: Principal Game Designer I
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Senior Level Designer to create extremely fun, satisfying game levels that align with our creative vision.
What the next great Senior Level Designer will do at Motive:
- Design game levels and story mission that are playable, enjoyable and immersive.
- Build& Own complete level content: terrain, layout, gameplay logic, mission flow and content placement trough all production stage.
- Document level design intentions as resource for the team.
- Contribute to design discussions, critiques and playtests.
- Collaborate with Gameplay and System Design teams to support gameplay mechanics and address constraints while maintaining AAA quality levels
- Work in collaboration with level artists to ensure playability of levels and graphic fidelity.
- Share knowledge and mentor more junior level designers on the team
- Incorporate feedbacks from directors and playtest
- Be proactive in testing and troubleshooting your game levels
- Communicates with Lead and Director, seek feedback to maintain deadlines
Who you are:
You will have 5+ years' experience in video game level design with experience on at least one AAA title and:
- Strong sense of level and mission design
- Strong layout and environment creation skills
- Strong scripting ability (experience with visual scripting)
- Familiarity with single player, narrative driven game a plus
- Familiarity with advanced game engine like Unreal
- Apt at communicating design intentions to the team
- Can work with partners to implement upon a vision
- Prototype ideas and share those ideas with important partners
- Comfort and capability in creative and technical design discussions
- Interest in the environmental aesthetics
- Understanding of function vs. form relationships, and what makes a game level fun and intriguing
- Must work well in multidisciplinary team, spanning artists, programmers, and designers. We're looking for someone who excels in the environment that new game creation demands.
- Ability to break down tasks and work with production to produce estimates and priorities.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Level Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 82
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。