Location: Helsinki, Finland
Requisition Number: 176921
Position Title: DM
Development Manager for Electronic Arts Finland
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is Electronic Arts mobile game studio based in the centre of Helsinki. The studio is responsible for bringing SimCity BuildIt to tablet and mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studios passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
- Build and maintain an effective working schedule to ensure that project development milestones are delivered on time
- Build a collaborative relationship with each member of the development team
- Anticipate and communicate problems and roadblocks to ensure project goals and milestones can be met
- Manage change requests and advice key stakeholders on their effect on project schedule, budget and resourcing
- Maintain regular communication with game team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and gather their requirements
- Work on development processes and methodology and look for ways to improve efficiency
- At least one title launched as a part of game development team or solid experience as a Project Manager
- Ability to motivate the team, keeping all members focused on the goals.
- Organizational skills and ability to execute on projects on time, and at the expected level of quality.
- Show dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- A good understanding of various disciplines that go into game development such as programming, art, design and audio.
- Ability to interpret design documents and project schedules to establish and communicate scope.
- Ability to provide both focused and inspiring creative leadership.
- Passion for playing and making games and an excellent understanding of what makes them fun
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years software development experience or other related experience
- Minimum 1 year project management or team leadership experience.
- Game industry experience in any discipline (programming, art, production, audio, etc.,)
At Tracktwenty, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We’ve built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with competitive compensation packages and great benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 119
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.