Quality Designer I
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 176861
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Location: Hyderabad, India
Quality Designers are specialized in key domains of the QA process. Depending on the domain of specialty will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA and actively knowledge share across the organization, have a strong Quality from a consumer perspective, strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
- Drive quality verification efforts by providing technical and strategic direction based on collaboration with various disciplines.
- Own overall Test Strategy for the game, and test planning for each pack release.
- Partner with QV DD/DMs on game pack releases QV execution, Live Pods support etc, for meeting overall quality targets.
- Drive initiatives like Risk Based Testing, Data/AI-driven testing, etc.
- Partner with game development on Product roadmap, Feature readiness and Quality Targets.
- Own the Quality Engineering engagement and drive automation, tools & tech evaluation and adoption.
- Drive quality innovation collaborating with data analytics teams and harness the solutions to improve game quality and progress in project efficiencies.
- Network with Quality Designers in QVS across locations for sharing and learning practices.
- Test Strategy & planning, for the pack releases including various types of testing based on datadriven approach and RBT
- Test Execution & Implementation, with the ability to provide effective test coverage and find issues early in the cycle
- Research & Analysis, involving evaluation and anticipation of gaps in the testing process and analysis & use of test data for highlighting risks & impact.
- Reporting & insight, with the ability to validate reports and KPIs/metrics at the product level.
- Problem solving & Risk Assessing, with the approach of finding permanent solutions and averting risks in the future
- Tech implementation - driving tech changes including ability to identify scope, priority and RoI of automation.
- Game Domain knowledge, with inclination towards playing video games for driving E2E quality plans throughout the game/pack cycle.
- Project Management for planning and execution of test strategy and tasks using Scrum/agile process is nice to have.
- Proactive Decision making.
- Excellent verbal & written Communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, test planning and execution.
- Has strong understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing & automation frameworks and various test methodologies.
- The successful candidate should have achieved results like,
- Led the QA team for product development and have created end to end test strategy.
- Successfully executed the test plans through various stages/gates of the product development, final release and live releases/service.
- Dealt with complexity and size of the quality verification process, including change management without impacting the quality goals.
- Leveraged tools, tech, automation and data for test efficiency and optimization year over year.
- Successfully evaluated and adopted latest and best practices from other business units or the industry.
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries. The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, quality, production and distribution. EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer I
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 47
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.