Software Engineer - BioWare
Múltiples localizaciones: Edmonton, AB, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 176761
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling.
As a Software Engineer on the BioWare Quality Technology team, you will focus on driving the use of high-quality software delivery practices for the team. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large impact on several games in development.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
- Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to implement tested, reusable, and modular code
- Evaluate and present new technology to the team and help us look for opportunities for innovation
- Eager to understand the broad ecosystem of technologies used across multiple projects and platforms
- Create the right approach by understanding the technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and help us deliver value to the business
- Understand the reason behind the requirements of the business to find creative solutions
- Take ownership of technical design and implementation for a set of features
- Demonstrate ownership over your work, through your communication, by delivering quality and consistency
- Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
- Mentor other software developers
- Learn and add to the team's collective knowledge base
- Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years software industry technical experience
- Understanding of high-quality software delivery practices such as: continuous integration, test automation, continuous delivery, loosely coupled architectures, and system health monitoring
- Experience developing Technical Briefs
- Tech experience or understanding of "Unreal'
- The ability to understand and work within a broad ecosystem of different technologies from full-stack web development to native C++
- The ability to debug complex processes spread over discrete systems
- A strong understanding of how to prioritize your work and adapt as circumstances change to bring the most value to our partners
- Ability to work with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs – able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-11-14 19:11:26.27
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.