Multiple Locations: Seattle, WA, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Georgia, USA • Texas, USA
Requisition Number: 176732
Position Title: Animator 2
Technical Animator - Ridgeline Games
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: Reporting to the Technical Art Lead you are the bridge between our content creators and our game technology. You will push the visual quality through creative solutions that improve our pipelines and characters while keeping an eye on performance profiling.
- Develop Character deformation with an eye for realistic muscle and fabric movement
- Brainstorm, R&D, and implement project pipelines as well as character and animation toolsets
- Assist animation in implementing new features in engine
- Diagnose problems related to content creation and support the animation team
- Work with animators to solve technical problems with existing tools and in engine
- Work with animators and engineers to pinpoint game performance and memory usage issues
- 3+ years experience delivering high-quality visuals while following memory and performance targets in the video game industry
- Knowledge of current and next-gen animation techniques as well as fundamental animation principles
- Experience with Character deformation, both in DCC and at runtime
- Experience with Cloth and other character dynamics
- Experience with common scripting languages like Python and C#
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
US Compensation & Benefits
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
- º$90,550 - $137,700
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
- º$86,150 - $137,700
- New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
- º$86,150 - $137,700
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
- º $86,150 - $126,700
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
- º$86,150 - $126,700
- Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Animator
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 117
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.