Senior Character Artist
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176725
Position Title: Senior Concept Artist
Senior Concept Artist
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to help us build worlds, characters, inspire incredible production artwork, and work with the Studio Art Director and Creative Director – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a team player.
Our Senior Concept Artist is a practical artist, experienced in all aspects of concept art and production techniques while being inspired by film, 2d and 3d design, graphic and architectural design and being an expert in the requirements of the games industry. You will be communicating and working with an Art Director and taking feedback and direction, making sure the concept team is maintaining the vision for the project at the highest quality.
You will report to the Lead Artist.
Build games can be tough, with many challenges and a constantly evolving production environment. As a Senior Concept Artist, we believe you have the following:
- Knowledge of concept production realities is a must, as this is a hands-on position
- Experience shipped two or more AAA games, with at least one of those titles in the position of Senior Concept Artist.
- Understanding of composition, color theory, design and lighting that we can see exercised in your portfolio – both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
- Knowledge of at least one industry-standard painting package and a 3D modeling package.
- Draw, paint, sketch, create and render inside of a digital painting package. Using the correct style for the requested concept (rendering, photo bash, 3D paint overs, line art and orthographic production illustrations).
- The ability to maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers and concept team.
- Experience communicating with and managing requests from 3D and character artists, designers and lighting artists to achieve the requirements of the project.
- Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals while parsing that information to a concept team.
- Be patient, and a mentor to your team. Pathfinding, and conflict resolution are all part of who you are as a leader.
- Tackle multiple visual challenge but also have a specialization that may include but is not exclusive to character design, hardware, environment and set piece design.
Qualifications: we believe you have experience working with:
- 2d/3d packages
- Design for modern games
- Techniques for photorealism and lighting
- Candidates with experience in outsourcing and cross-studio collaboration
- Experience with daily scrums and management requirements of the role
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Character Artist
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 117
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.