Senior Experience Design Director
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176630
Position Title: Sr Director, Experience Design
Senior Experience Design Director
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver--based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Experience Design Director like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options.
Collaborate with the other studio craft directors and the experience design team, under the direction of the studio creative director. Build a deep understanding of our players and products, in order to identify key areas of impact to enhance the player experience. Apply data (insights & research) to measure and inform design direction and solutions. You will set a clear vision and strategy for user experience across multiple products, in development and live service.
Build and manage highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders from game design, art, user research, product management,, and brand partnerships, to align and execute against the product vision for player, business, and technical goals.
Serve as a coach and mentor to UX and UI Designers, giving clear, actionable, and constructive feedback on their work, to set them up for success and growth. Collaborate with the design line director on the experience designers' career development plans.
Work with the projects' experience design directors to define best practices for the XD discipline across projects; from collaborative approaches between departments, to structured processes, workflows, and content standards. Define future XD team needs and processes, with an eye to growing XD at Ripple Effect to be ahead of the curve. Keep things moving forward, and help the team remain unblocked to deliver a best in class user experience.
- 5+ years of experience at a UX Director level, or 1+ years as a Senior Director of UX
- 2 or more shipped games in a UX Director role, or significant experience shipping cross-platform products with large-scale teams and a lot of ambiguity and change
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, UX principles and methodologies, and proficiency mentoring others in these areas
- Experience with data informed design: Applying player Insights, user testing/playtest feedback, and/or competitive analysis to define problem spaces, measure solutions and guide iterations
- A clear, enthusiastic communicator and presenter; you are comfortable presenting and persuading at an executive level, as well as motivating and inspiring your team members
- You care deeply about designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity, and also about developing and retaining diverse design talent on the team
- You understand the importance of respectful communication, providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner
- Passion for user-centered design, and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience developing UX for AAA games, multiplayer games, live service games or FPS genre
- Understand interaction design on console, pc and mobile
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, or HCI
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with your resume. We may ask you to present a portfolio of work as part of the application process.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $193,000 - $300,850
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $184,250 - $300,850
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $212,300 - $300,850
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $184,250 - $252,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $184,250 - $271,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Experience Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 335
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。