Game Design Manager
Locații multiple: Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • New York, USA
Requisition Number: 176596
Position Title: Game Design Director
Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to make an impact is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed EA Studio in Seattle focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next-generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to create unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to produce incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of a respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Design Manager to join our team.
As the Design Manager, you will improve the day-to-day life of every member of the design team. You will meet them where they are, get to know their motivations and aspirations, their fears and passions. You will help them build on their strengths and navigate their growth areas, providing whatever they need to unlock their full potential. You will report to the VP Creative and will work with individuals across departments to evaluate designers' performance, both advocating on their behalf and ensuring accountability, providing coaching, support and counseling as needed.
- Manage and support the design team in both their immediate project goals and longer term career goals ensuring they have what they need and nothing is holding them back from realizing their full potential
- Be a, steady advocate for members of our design team, and providing whatever they need to perform at their peak without directing the design of the game.
- Partner with the production department, leadership, and recruiting on staffing plans and hiring efforts for the design team
- Provide 1:1 coaching with individual designers to ensure career goals, team alignment, and team health are maintained
- Helping to develop and make clear paths for designers' career development and facilitate performance reviews for the team
- 3+ years of experience in Management or Leadership roles in a large game development team
- 3+ years of experience with staffing, hiring, interviewing and team building
- Experience working specifically in game design
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $129,050 - $204,600
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $127,850 - $204,600
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $127,850 - $204,600
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $127,850 - $189,050
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $127,850 - $189,050
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Design Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 52
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.