Visual Experience Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176551
Position Title: Experience Designer II
Visual Experience Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
Canada or United States
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
You will craft user Interfaces through modern user experience practices as a part of our central UX discipline. We're looking for someone who enjoys solving complex problems and approaches them with systematic thinking, understanding of player motivations, and rigor. We're a group of passionate people where craftsmanship, passion, and collaboration are celebrated. Join us if you want to do career-defining work and help us build world-class player experiences!
- Create the visual language of FIFA’s UI which includes layout, composition, iconography, typography, and brand expression.
- Create high fidelity UI screens and components that align with the product's experience goals, usability and accessibility standards and brand.
- Contribute in growing the UI design system to ensure that players enjoy a consistent and immersive gaming experience.
- Design the best pathways to guide our players through the menus and options.
- Partner with UI/UX team, Game Designers, Producers, Art Directors, and Software Engineering teams.
- You will report to a project manager responsible for product development.
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, iconography, layout, typography, and color theory)
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
- Excel in a team-oriented, product-focused environment.
- Collaborative mindset, to participate in a transparent and learning culture within the team.
- Conviction to sell your ideas, prototype quickly, and refine feedback.
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite (PS, AI, XD) and other visual design tools.
- A portfolio showcasing work samples, inclusive of unique and original designs.
- 2 years of UI and graphic design experience
- Creative and passionate about design.
- Empathic and able to inspire positivity within your team.
- An advocate for user centered design processes (player first).
- Up-to-date with current design and art trends.
- Successful in a team-oriented, product-focused environment.
- Enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts.
Nice to Have
- Motion design experience (After Effects, Flash)
- 3D design experience (Maya, C4D, KeyShot)
- Game development experience with UI and UX pipelines
It is required you share a portfolio or work samples, inclusive of unique and original designs for web and mobile platforms.
Community / Marketing Title: Visual Experience Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 143
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.