Multiple Locations: Seattle, WA, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Kitchener, ON, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 176452
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Software Engineer that will shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience with building services for user generated content through modern techniques connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments.
- Work in partnership with game teams to design shared services
- Define metrics, monitoring, and observability requirements for high traffic services behind multi-platform AAA titles
- Perform service load testing to identify and resolve bottlenecks
- Document root cause analysis of major issues affecting game service availability
- Work closely with the engineering and DevOps teams on best practices
- Research and integrate new technologies
- Be accountable for the overall health, quality, maintainability and style of the server codebase
- A minimum of 5+ years of technology industry experience
- BS in Computer Science or other relevant experience
- Strong experience with client/server architecture
- Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and interact with RESTful web services
- Expert ability to analyze and interpret technical data
- Expert understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
- Significant development experience on backend frameworks ie. NodeJS
- Experience with source code management (Perforce, Git)
- Significant experience with public Cloud providers (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Understanding containers, orchestrators and service mesh technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Envoy, Istio, Linkerd, Jaeger)
- Understanding of various databases and their performance characteristics (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience working with CI/CD technologies
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience shipping AAA games
- Experience working on mobile applications or games (iOS / Android)
- Experience working with PlayStation and Xbox online systems
- Experience with and/or exposure to micro-services
- Experience with and/or with cloud native application development
- Knowledge of gRPC, Protocol buffers and FlatBuffers
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $125,050 - $191,050
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $113,900 - $154,950
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $113,900 - $179,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 84
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。