Technical Program Manager
Ubicación: Melbourne VIC, Australia
Requisition Number: 176365
Position Title: Program Manager III
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Program Manager do?
As Program Manager, you will lead and motivate teams within the Core Systems product area and the Architecture team with a focus to ensure good Agile development practices. You will manage the development process, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, risk management, process improvement and team-wide collaboration and
You will report to the Director of Program Management.
- Work with product owners, tech leads and engineering managers to understand product direction and plan and deliver projects
- Determine the resource requirements to meet project goals and establish success criteria
- Scenario planning and trade-off analysis
- Risk management
- Evaluate and resolve dependencies
- Complete projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Coordinate collaboration between your teams, other Frostbite teams and game teams around EA
- Manage development tasks, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
- Manage support and other emergent work
- Support your teams and help keep them unblocked
Responsibilities: Team and Process Management
- Promote the Agile development process in teams
- Dotted-line manage the development team (in partnership with Engineering Manager)
- Monitor team health, workload and recognize extra effort
- Guide departmental planning (i.e. resource, initiative, sprint/program increment, release planning)
- Create and help implement process improvements across groups and advocate for the team
- 5+ years of project/program management experience in software development
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Experience working as a software engineer
- Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
- Experience working on a tools or central technology team
- Game development experience
- Scrum Master or Agile Coach experience
Wondering if you’ll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can’t capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you’re interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress - check out our 2021 Impact Report.
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to our employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility – we’re hybrid forward, so you’ll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 49
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.