Posizioni multiple: Pennsylvania, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 176312
Position Title: Game Designer II
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Game Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft. You will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the US or Canada to apply.
- Work with project leads to design, document, and prioritize new gameplay features and systems, within a large Battlefield project, ensuring they meet the quality bar
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders on the status and issues that affect gameplay design, advocating for solutions that meet the needs of multiple groups
- Drive teamwide understanding and excitement for new features
- Work with technical designers and engineers to investigate and prototype new features
- Ensure all design documentation is delivered on time, is detailed enough for accurate estimation and all impacted parties have been able to review and respond
- Provide and solicit feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
- Mentor more junior designers to reach their full potential
- Work with Experience Design to incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to create an outstanding player experience
- Shipped at least one AAA game, or at least 3 years experience in game design
- Solid understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Advocate for respectful communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable additional skills:
- Experience working and communicating across multiple time zones
- Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages, or tools
- FPS or live service experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $90,550 - $137,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $86,150 - $137,700
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $86,150 - $137,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $86,150 - $126,700
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $86,150 - $126,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Days Open: 130
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.