Sr. System Designer
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada • Georgia, USA
Requisition Number: 176271
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
About the Organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: As a Game Economy Designer, you will report to the Game Design Director and will promote the delivery of game value to the customer, encouraging players to keep coming back and engaging with the core game loop. You will employ methodologies of economics, sociology, and business intelligence to create a healthy game economy, tightly integrated with systems for player customization, game progression, reward structures, and overall gameplay balance.
- You will build essential features that further the strategic vision of the product, and improve retention, acquisition, and monetization.
- Model, build, and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, faucets and points.
- Build the post-launch economy, incorporating limited time events, reward structures, purchases, and adjustments that support new features throughout the product life cycle.
- Partner with our Analytics team to collect and analyze data, and optimize performance.
- Be the resident authority on important metrics such as engagement time, retention, and LTV.
- Guide economy health, daily game updates, and content pricing.
- Establish and tune the economy, including drivers of purchase behavior, gameplay earn rates, purchase packages, pricing, virtual products, and special events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Marketing, Business, or Social Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years designing digital games; 1+ years optimizing live service games.
- Understand game balance and pacing in online games.
- Expertise with spreadsheets (can perform complex functions), manipulating and summarizing large datasets.
- Break down problems, identifying important relationships and levers that influence the outputs.
- Model problems into quantitative systems, anticipate downstream effects, and draw conclusions.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. System Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 130
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。