Senior Desktop IT Support Engineer
Locație: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176250
Position Title: Sr ITO Services Specialist
A full-time, site-specific position focused on IT client-based solutions enabling the development of games. Primary focus is support of embedded Respawn Entertainment developers with their operational standards and requirements. In addition, the Position will work closely with an extended Electronic Arts Vancouver Desktop support team to support the other EA teams onsite. Position will be responsible for close interactions with desktop level 1 and Level 2 personnel to fully understand and align with studio pipelines, processes, and bottlenecks. Role will require “self-starter” mentality and will require pro-active collaboration with Software Engineers, Technical Directors, and senior IT staff to solve title-specific client issues affecting development. Position to participate in IT communities focused on knowledge sharing. On-call after-hours support for local studio desktop support organization is a requirement. Due to the nature of the support role, the work is 100% on-site.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key Skills
- Work in an environment in which level 1 and level 2 technicians will be motivated to provide best-in-class customer service.
- Develop and coach L2 technicians to enable them to learn the technology, improve their customer service delivery skills, and broaden their skill base.
- Develop L2 technicians to enable them to assume greater responsibility in day-to-day operations of desktop support.
- Strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, development game consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Apple Mac and Apple Mac-specific software, and Apple Mac imaging.
- Strong background in testing and optimizing client workstations and applications.
- Strong understanding of microprocessor hardware and application across all device types
- Able to act as a senior level key escalation point for all technical concerns varying across multiple scopes of technology
- Strong knowledge and understanding of video conferencing equipment and usage.
- Able to provide desktop support to VP-level executives.
- 60% L3 level work and 40% L2 level work.
- Provide frontline support for technical escalations.
- Strong client OS background including Windows 10 and Mac OS.
- Set direction from a desktop technology standpoint
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong technical skills and experience.
- Strong understanding of current Desktop (and technology) hardware standards and future hardware releases.
- Familiar with studio development applications including Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, and Slack and Zoom video
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, MEM (formerly SCCM) and Endpoint Security Clients.
- Understanding of basic network protocols as well as network hardware.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a massive environment required.
- Strong knowledge of development and test hardware functionality including updating firmware, updating to latest release for Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, and Nintendo development consoles. Troubleshooting dev/test kit capabilities and knowledge of RMA process.
- Basic understanding of server-side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast-paced environment required.
EA Job Levels (range) Sr. ITO Services Specialist (L3 Desktop Specialist)
Education / Experience or Equiv. Combination
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (essential). 3 years previous experience in either a Desktop support or System administration role, with an ability to understand technical issues related to desktop support.
Technical Knowledge/ Depth of Expertise
- Detailed knowledge of system fundamentals
- Understands distributed system and network interaction
- Helps define best practices
- Perform initial troubleshooting of any network /server issues affecting desktop systems.
- Good knowledge of network/servers and storage.
- 2-3 yrs. Active Directory experience.
Complexity of Problem Solving
- Can answer most aspects of complex hardware and software troubleshooting
- Produce appropriate debug information
- Can find details on application and network errors
Freedom to Act/ Autonomy
- Acts independently for system tasks
- Receives general direction from management
Scope of Impact
- Medium to High impact
- Works closely with Respawn LA Techs and EA Vancouver Techs
- Works with internal customers solving complex problems
- Works with Vendors
- Trains Entry Level Desktop Technicians
- Involved in purchase decisions
Interpersonal Skills/ Leadership Capability/ Action Values
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Can make presentations
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Desktop IT Support Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 38
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.