C++ Network Software Engineer - DICE
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Requisition Number: 176212
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars™: Battlefront franchise, and Mirror's Edge. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. That's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we all work towards a common cause.
We are looking for a Network Software Engineer with experience writing performant, maintainable code in C++. We find added value in candidates with expertise in optimizing game engine performance and developing networked gameplay features.
We believe that you are a team player who is eager to work as part of a passionate, tight-knit team. You can identify the small changes that make a big difference. You embrace change, and you lead by example.
As a Network Software Engineer you will be an important part of providing an enjoyable gaming experience to our players by ensuring that the networking in our games is efficient and responsive. You will work in a small team with a focus on game server performance and network systems, ensuring that DICE games exceed the expectation of our players. You will report into a Tech Lead.
As part of DICE and with a close collaboration with Frostbite and the rest of EA, you will work with leading industry talent in one of the largest game development communities in the world. Your ideas and implementations will change how DICE creates games and will often influence the rest of EA through direct contributions to the Frostbite engine.
- Support game teams with solving netcode related issues.
- Coordinate the bandwidth and latency of networked game features.
- Investigate areas where the netcode can be improved.
- Increase responsiveness of networked gameplay features.
- Extend the tool-chain for analyzing and debugging gameplay network issues.
- Advise designers when building and improving networked game features.
- 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with multithreaded software development in C/C++.
- Experience with client/server architectures in games.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as replication, authority, prediction and correction.
- Experience building performant and scalable networking features or systems in a game context.
- Have an eye for responsiveness and correctness in networked multiplayer games.
- Experience with Linux/Unix development.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a software engineer.
- Experience optimizing both low and high-level code systems.
- Prior experience with low-level network libraries.
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Network Software Engineer - DICE
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 155
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。