Character Rigging Artist 2
위치: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176183
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams are composed of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Rigging team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
Character Rigging Artist 2:
- Design and implement global rigging workflows and systems with the goal of convergence and efficiency, and creating and supervising the development of varying levels of complexity skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation, and skin deformations
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency.
- Implement techniques and process to solve character, animation and deformations challenges as identified by department lead
- Proactive in problem identification while developing and delivering solutions
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders, both up and downstream while concurrently aiding in the growth of junior Riggers.
- Assisting production in the maintenance of scheduling software and ensuring milestones and deliverables are maintained and executed.
Technical Artist 2 – Rigging:
- 5-8+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles and/or VFX/feature animation.
- Expert Knowledge of Python, C#, C++ and familiarity with Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- Strong background in rigging and skinning complex assets with an expert knowledge and understanding of animation principles and human anatomy.
- Experience in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini and/or MotionBuilder (Motion capture and motion retargeting experience a plus)
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges. The perfect fit should be able to quickly identify issues, attempt to resolve and know when to escalate. Excellent problem-solving skills and must be able to identify issues and proactively implement solutions.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and maintain consistent productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills required to educate artists on new tools and/or workflows
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area is highly preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Rigging Artist 2
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 105
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.