Senior Technical Artist
Locații multiple: Redwood City, CA, USA • California, USA • Florida, USA • North Carolina, USA • Texas, USA • Utah, USA • Washington, USA
Requisition Number: 176094
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
Reporting To: Senior Technical Art Director
As a Technical Animator with Maxis, you will be collaborating with multiple disciplines. This includes but is not exclusive to, Animation Directors, Animation Leads, Technical Artists, and Engineers across the Division. The model applicant is passionate about finding efficiencies, exploring new technologies, implementing new tools, and identifying solutions for current and future game development for both existing and new IPs.
- Collaborate with the Animation Director, Art Director, Engineers, Character Lead and Animation Lead to deliver tools, rigs and implementation with a forward-looking goal of delivering industry leading animation
- Aid in developing, improving and maintaining a technical pipeline for the Animation and Tech teams on both DCC and engine sides
- Assist and guide in the creation of rigs, best practices and development tools requirements needed to obtain the highest aesthetic quality value
- Create prototypes and pursue research in varying engines for best fits on a variety of products while planning for future technologies in projects pertaining to Animation Tech
- Understanding of performance and optimization requirements and experience diagnosing and profiling content costs
- Firefight production issues, investigating urgent issues and resolving roadblocks
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for animation content development
- Experience working in real-time engines such as Unity and Unreal Game Engine for technical animation purposes
- Tech art/animation development experience in Maya and video games
- Experience creating and maintaining character rigs
- Ability to create solid documentation and training material
- Knowledge of traditional, mocap and procedural animation workflows
- Experience with designing animation content that integrates well with dynamic systems like character and world physics
- Experience building custom deformers and blend shape solutions
- Proficiency in Python, particularly for scripting in Maya
- Knowledge of version control software (Perforce preferred).
- Familiarity with Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software
- Must have excellent collaborative skills, coordinating and working with multiple departments to achieve set goals
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $108,700 - $166,550
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $107,450 - $153,250
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $107,450 - $153,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 166
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.