Software Engineer, C++ - EA SPORTS™ FC
Multiple Locations: Romania • Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 176072
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA SPORTS™ FC Ultimate Teams C++ Engineers work on the Client side of the EA SPORTS™ FC Ultimate Team game mode, using C++ technology.
As part of the EA SPORTS™ FC Ultimate Team you will work on the features that build the most played game mode of the EA SPORTS™ FC game, using the existing architecture or by bringing improvements to the UI Framework and Frostbite add-ons that we are using to build the features. EA SPORTS™ FC Ultimate team is an exclusive Online game mode so you will be working side-by-side with the Server team members, to be able to implement features like stadium customization, season objectives, FUT club or transfer market.
What you will do as a FIFA Ultimate Team Engineer:
- Design and implement features for EA SPORTS™ FC Ultimate team game mode
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other Ultimate Team related sub-components and packages.
- Work with Server Engineers, Production and Interface Designers to gather requirements and write technical design specifications
- You will report to one of the EA SPORTS™ FC ultimate team's managers and work with your peers to develop EA SPORTS™ FC Ultimate team features
We're looking for:
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
- 4+ years experience in C++ software development
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks or web front-end development) is very nice to have
- Experience in ActionScript is nice to have
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL is nice to have
- Ability to work with existing and unfamiliar code
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, C++ - EA SPORTS™ FC
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 168
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts