Experience Design Intern (Star Wars Jedi: Survivor)
Location: Louisiana, USA
Requisition Number: 176062
Position Title: Intern General
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Experience Design Intern
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for an Experience Design Intern to join our Star Wars team. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program in the summer of 2023 and are slated to graduate in Fall of 2023 or Spring of 2024. You will report into a Lead UX/UI Designer at Respawn.
What you'll do…
- Help design the best pathways to guide players through menus and options easily.
- Work closely with all disciplines – code, design, audio, animation, FX – to create optimal UI/UX.
- Learn how to advocate for improving the design of the UI tool set & workflow.
- Be forward thinking and proactive in terms of finding ways to improve the design of the game's UI across the board with support from the rest of the UI/UX team
- You will create and iterate on UI mockups for many different menus and systems for the game, extending the design system established by the UI team.
- Embody pragmatic game development values, such as prioritization and making hard trade-offs and choices.
- Uphold Respawn's core value of putting gameplay first
- Currently enrolled in a college, university degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 12 weeks remotely in the summer of 2023
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- A strong interest in UX/UI or Visual Design for games.
- A portfolio with examples of work and insight into your development style and process.
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of what is best in class UX across multiple genres.
- An understanding of the connections between UI functionality and UI aesthetics, and how to maximize impact for the benefit of gamers.
- The ability to analyze metrics or other feedback methods to evaluate and improve your work post-launch.
- Provide a link to an online presentation, or attach documents to your resume to showcase your work.
- Respawn Internships are paid
- Intern-focused events
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $16 - $18
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Design Intern (Star Wars Jedi: Survivor)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 70
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts