Writer, EA Newsroom
Multiple Locations: Ontario, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Dallas, TX, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • New York, USA
Requisition Number: 176020
Position Title: Senior Marketing Specialist I
Position Title: EA Newsroom Editor/Writer
Type of Employment: Temporary Full Time
Summary of Function:
The Senior Editor/Writer reports into Managing Editor EA Newsroom. This role is responsible for developing effective and compelling writing and storytelling that will engage defined audiences with the Electronic Art brand initiative across all channels and platforms. The role requires advanced copywriting and editing that supports marketing, creative, PR, with creative copy for email and social media, website, and other PR/marketing assets, as well as writing and editing corporate communications. Working alongside marketers, digital communication and social media specialists, Social Impact PR and Comms, this position relies on relationship building and collaboration to discover storylines and creative distribution strategies to promote EA Brand Values, single narrative and contribute to the growth of its audiences.
Writing, Editing & Proofreading
- Write high-quality strategic content, manage and deploy a brand editor/writer and partner with BCI creators
- Steward the EA brand voice and support its continuing refinement, learnings and insights…
- Set copy standards across Electronic Arts Branded channels
- Adapt tone of voice documents and tools to enterprise needs to expand reach and use of brand tone (e.g through all help channels)
- Maintain a high standard for accuracy in all communications
- Collaborate with marketing, comms, PR, external agencies, and creative teams to edit and build compelling stories and communications.
- Write copy for multi-channel campaigns adjusting messaging to the platform and audience while still maintain one narrative tone of voice, including website, ads, paid digital ads, emails and social media
- Edit copy received from various sources for brand alignment, accuracy of grammar, punctuation, formatting, and style
- Onboarding and managing agency and freelance copywriters for TOV
- Effectively manage deliverables in a deadline-driven environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage and follow workflow process including internal circulations, revisions, approvals, and signoffs.
- Have a passion for people and collaboration
- Someone who has a pulse of the world events and can ensure that we’re always leading and communicating with empathy – right place, right time, and not tone deaf to the world events.
- Ideally someone with DEI experience and editorial direction
- Always advocate for the employee experience
- Think 360 degrees, multi-channel, multi-audience (what hits in one channel has ripple effect to others across studios, etc.)
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or similar writing-intensive programs.
- 5+ years of editing and copywriting experience preferably in an agency.
Ideally a background in writing copy for DEI
- Exceptional grammar, writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Experience writing Tone and voice guides, style guide and training materials
- Experience writing and developing content for advertising (print, radio, and digital platforms), on-site copy, promotional and editorial content.
- Comprehensive understanding of tone of voice and ability to adapt to a multitude of programs, audiences, and brands.
- A work ethic and ability to produce a large amount of high-quality content in many different verticals, from social to longer-form editorial for programs and PR.
- Outstanding ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- A team player who enjoys and excels in collaborating with colleagues.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $108,700 - $166,550
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $107,450 - $153,250
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $107,450 - $153,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Writer, EA Newsroom
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 129
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.