Software Engineer Summer Intern - TS4 Client
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 175923
Position Title: Intern General
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
We're EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creativity, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You have a programming background and a passion for video games. Software Engineers at EA develop the next generation of video games and provide creative solutions. You will report into a Development Director at Maxis.
- You are slated to graduate between Fall 2023 through Spring 2024.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- You are a top performing student currently enrolled in a BS or MS or in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Familiar with C, C++, C#, Assembly, and experience with Object-oriented Design preferred
- Creative with excellent problem solving
- Passion for video games and one or more of the areas of focus listed above
As a Client Systems Software Engineer on The Sims, these will be your job responsibilities:
- You will use C, C++, C#, or Assembly to implement system level functionality for the title
- You will work with designers, producers, artists, and other engineers on solidifying implementation approaches.
- You will write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- You will write code with performance and memory usage in mind.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $25 - $38
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $24 - $26
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $30 - $38
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $25 - $35
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $30 - $38
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Summer Intern - TS4 Client
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-09-27 18:05:28.037
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。