Backend Engineer - Gameplay Services
複数の場所: New York, NY, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Redwood City, CA, USA • Massachusetts, USA • British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada • California, USA • Colorado, USA • Florida, USA • Georgia, USA • Illinois, USA • Arizona, USA • Texas, USA • Washington, USA • New York, USA • Oregon, USA
Requisition Number: 175850
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Backend Engineer - Gameplay Services
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our platform powers online features for EA's game titles serving millions of users each day. We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player's multiplayer experience memorable. We develop services in collaboration with EA's game studios for matchmaking, stats & leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking. We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share.
EA's Digital Platform Gameplay Services team is seeking several Backend Engineers to join the mission! As a Backend Engineer, you will build scalable, distributed server-side systems that provide functionality to our millions of customers and work on creative improvements to keep our systems at top-notch performance.
- Design brand new services covering all aspects from storage to application logic to management console
- Enhance and add features to existing systems
- Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
- Communicate with engineers from across the company to deliver the next generation of online features for both established and not-yet-released games
- Aim to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
- Be a part of the full product cycle for our products, from design and testing to deployment and supporting our LIVE environments and our game team customers
- Advocate for best practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA's business
- 2+ years hands-on Java/Kotlin/Microservices experience
- Expertise with relational or NoSQL database
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, development, test, and product release
- You enjoy solving complex technical problems
- You like to collaborate
- Experience with high traffic services and highly scalable, distributed systems
- Experience with scalable data storage, streaming and processing technologies such as Cassandra, Apache Kafka, Spark.
- Experience with cloud computing products such as AWS EC2, ElastiCache, and ELB
- Experience with technologies such as ZooKeeper, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Redis
- Experience with stress testing plus performance tuning and optimization
- Experience working within the games industries
- Knowledge of Google gRPC and protobuf
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!:
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is motivated by creativity and individuality.
Team Office Location: Burnaby, BC
Remote Eligibility : North Americas Remote Eligible
Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!
Community / Marketing Title: Backend Engineer - Gameplay Services
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Date Opened: 2022-09-22 20:22:05.51
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。