C++ Engineer Intern - (Summer 2023)
Lage: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175722
Position Title: Intern General
Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023) to join our Customer Experience Innovation Labs team. This role will be responsible for learning new technologies and coming up with proof-of-concept demonstrations. To be successful, the candidate should have a firm grasp of programming concepts and be comfortable with multiple languages (and learning new ones as necessary).
So what will you be doing as a Software Engineer Intern in Innovation Labs?
- Researching new technology areas with the potential to improve customer experience
- Experimenting with new and existing technologies to prove or disprove hypotheses
- Demonstrate new ideas to leadership by developing technology proof-of-concepts (POCs) in virtual sandbox environments
Candidates should be:
- Intellectually curious: Has a naturally curious mind and a desire to frame and solve business problems; actively seeks out best-in-class capabilities.
- Critical thinker: Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytics skills; ability to go beyond findings to insights and actionable recommendations.
- Collaborative: Works well in a collaborative team environment between analysts, internal teams, external partners & clients.
- Self-starter: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results; proactively develops out-of-the-box solutions with the available tools and resources.
- Technology forward: Has an interest in technology and knows the relevant platforms and models; uses or has a strong understanding of emerging technology trends.
- Communication: Clear and persuasive oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Positive attitude: Can-do attitude; finds the bright side of even stressful situations and is willing to learn from them.
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- You are working toward a BS/MS. in Computer Science or related field. You must not be graduating earlier than 12/2023/
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. MySQL).
- Interest in cloud and serverless computation (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.)
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Experience debugging and solving complex problems.
- Knowledge of source code management: Perforce and Git.
- General interest in gaming / the gaming industry
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Play, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and Steam, with more to come in the future, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Intern Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing software development systems and EA App digital distribution platform features, which means partnering with a multi-discipline team of Product Owners, UX Designers, Technical Leads and Software Engineers, always with an eye on innovation, quality and timely delivery. As part of the broader software engineering team you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Still Creek in Burnaby, BC (with members across Canada, the US, and elsewhere in the world).
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther” and we are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone with a proven track record for:
- Gathering requirements, seeking to understand, and successfully collaborating in a team environment.
- Being a strong team player, focused on delivering results.
- Finding your way. You’ve got experience that helps you work and thrive in a cross-functional organization.
- Being scrappy. You’re comfortable with a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment and have the confidence to speak your mind.
- Understanding your strengths. You’re a solid communicator with a demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate, and engage stakeholders effectively.
- Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate teammates, even when navigating ambiguity and challenging situations.
- Most notably you’ll have a mix of enthusiasm, critical thinking and good judgment that translate to successfully tackling challenging problems.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- Experience with C++ development.
- Additional experience or interest in Java, NodeJS, and/or React Native development.
- Experience with git or other source control platforms.
- Familiar with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Confident with Jira or other issue tracking software.
- Willingness to shape and grow your skill set.
- Enthusiasm for gaming, ecommerce platform and cloud computing technologies desired; ability to stay current with industry trends a big plus.
In a typical week, the intern software engineer could be…
- Meeting with Product Owners and Technical Leads to identify and understand requirements.
- Designing and implementing solutions for a massive digital distribution platform.
- Participating in code reviews
- Building and maintaining continuous integration, static analysis and other software development systems.
You’ll build relationships and work with…
- Other members of the EAX organization to contribute to a high performance software development team.
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Engineer Intern - (Summer 2023)
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-09-26 20:25:37.987
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.