Technical Director - Partner Experience
Locații multiple: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 175561
Position Title: Technical Director I
Frostbite / EA Intro:
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing innovative game engine features supported by outstanding content creation tools for HD & mobile games. Games that are developed with Frostbite span Sports, Racing, RPG, Shooters, and many other game genres.
We are honored to have thousands of EA game developers worldwide use Frostbite to create some of the industry's most impressive games and player experiences.
As the Partner Experience team, our objective is to deliver an excellent experience for our game team partners across all the Frostbite engine touchpoints. As an experienced technology leader, you'll provide advice and coaching to software engineers within the global Frostbite Partner Experience team and with our game team partners to push the boundaries of performance, efficiency, and visual quality of future EA games. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of world-class engineers and artists across EA! You will report to the Senior Director of the Partner Experience team.
Our team is diverse, distributed worldwide, and collaborates daily synchronously and asynchronously. Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment.
- You will engage in proactive visits or engagements with Frostbite partners to understand the challenges for them and identify actions Frostbite can take to help.
- You will lead development solutions for issues being encountered by EA's games in their usage of the Frostbite engine.
- You will work with Frostbite engine domain experts to escalate and prioritize issues and solutions.
- You will partner with the Technical Leads within several studios and the Frostbite engineering teams to refine requirements for development, create quality technical solutions, and define strategies for engine technology adoption.
- You will help instill a healthy culture focused on on-time delivery of high-value solutions to our partners, building lasting partnerships, and guiding the team for success.
- You will conduct ROI analysis, define, gather and monitor key performance metrics, challenge and set guidelines, understand data and workflow, and define and steer the technical direction of the Partner Experience team.
- You will collaborate with essential internal and external partners to identify process improvements focused on efficiency, cost reduction, or quality that improve the experience for multiple teams.
- You will share knowledge internally, apply lessons learned by other teams, and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
- You will provide leadership, mentor the PE team on technical issues, and represent the team in technical leadership summits, meetings, etc.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Deep game engineering background with 10+ years of experience working on multiple titles and/or game engines.
- C++ coding knowledge, with C# also nice to have
- 5+ years of experience leading large engineering teams
- Comfortable partnering with multiple levels of technical leaders to develop technical plans.
- Experience in customer service or developer relations roles
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience with game engine user workflows
- Experience in AAA development environment
- Knowledge and interest in software quality assurance and process improvement are desirable.
- Experience with agile development practices
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director - Partner Experience
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 97
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.