Multiple Locations: Florida, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175558
Position Title: Attorney 2
Legal Counsel (Commercial)
EA is looking for a Legal Counsel to support transactions for multiple business groups within EA. You will report to a Senior Commercial Counsel Lead and provide support to senior lawyers who serve as legal partners on major transactions for EA. These transactions include our inbound sports and entertainment licenses, game-specific marketing, and technology transactions, and agreements with our platform partners. It will also provide primary commercial support for: (i) certain EA corporate functions, (II) brand and marketing teams, and (ii) other businesses as needed.
- Support commercial transactions for marketing activities, including the brand marketing teams, by drafting and negotiating creative agency, consulting, and pitch agreements
- Support corporate functions, including through managing outside counsel on real estate transactions
- Work with senior counsel who provides primary support, draft and negotiate marketing and technology agreements, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS agreements, professional services agreements, co-marketing agreements, data protection agreements, content licensing, and content development agreements.
- Work with legal colleagues to develop and maintain policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance and operational efficiency.
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of matters in the areas of technology development, licensing, and marketing.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs and objectives while mitigating risk.
Required skills and experience:
- B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 5+ years of well-rounded experience with a law firm providing services for technology or entertainment clients, relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology or entertainment industries, or both.
- Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial, marketing, and technology agreements, including experience with data protection and data security agreements.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- Manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
- Handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, assess business and legal risk in a practical, focused and efficient manner, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively with a high level of skill and motivation.
- Experience in the sports, entertainment, or games industry a plus.
As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Counsel
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 62
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.