Multiple Locations: Florida, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175558
Position Title: Attorney 2
Legal Counsel (Commercial)
EA is looking for a Legal Counsel to support transactions for multiple business groups within EA. You will report to a Senior Commercial Counsel Lead and provide support to senior lawyers who serve as legal partners on major transactions for EA. These transactions include our inbound sports and entertainment licenses, game-specific marketing, and technology transactions, and agreements with our platform partners. It will also provide primary commercial support for: (i) certain EA corporate functions, (II) brand and marketing teams, and (ii) other businesses as needed.
- Support commercial transactions for marketing activities, including the brand marketing teams, by drafting and negotiating creative agency, consulting, and pitch agreements
- Support corporate functions, including through managing outside counsel on real estate transactions
- Work with senior counsel who provides primary support, draft and negotiate marketing and technology agreements, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS agreements, professional services agreements, co-marketing agreements, data protection agreements, content licensing, and content development agreements.
- Work with legal colleagues to develop and maintain policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance and operational efficiency.
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of matters in the areas of technology development, licensing, and marketing.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs and objectives while mitigating risk.
Required skills and experience:
- B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 5+ years of well-rounded experience with a law firm providing services for technology or entertainment clients, relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology or entertainment industries, or both.
- Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial, marketing, and technology agreements, including experience with data protection and data security agreements.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- Manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
- Handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, assess business and legal risk in a practical, focused and efficient manner, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively with a high level of skill and motivation.
- Experience in the sports, entertainment, or games industry a plus.
As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Counsel
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 62
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。