Locații multiple: Florida, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175558
Position Title: Attorney 2
Legal Counsel (Commercial)
EA is looking for a Legal Counsel to support transactions for multiple business groups within EA. You will report to a Senior Commercial Counsel Lead and provide support to senior lawyers who serve as legal partners on major transactions for EA. These transactions include our inbound sports and entertainment licenses, game-specific marketing, and technology transactions, and agreements with our platform partners. It will also provide primary commercial support for: (i) certain EA corporate functions, (II) brand and marketing teams, and (ii) other businesses as needed.
- Support commercial transactions for marketing activities, including the brand marketing teams, by drafting and negotiating creative agency, consulting, and pitch agreements
- Support corporate functions, including through managing outside counsel on real estate transactions
- Work with senior counsel who provides primary support, draft and negotiate marketing and technology agreements, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS agreements, professional services agreements, co-marketing agreements, data protection agreements, content licensing, and content development agreements.
- Work with legal colleagues to develop and maintain policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance and operational efficiency.
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of matters in the areas of technology development, licensing, and marketing.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs and objectives while mitigating risk.
Required skills and experience:
- B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 5+ years of well-rounded experience with a law firm providing services for technology or entertainment clients, relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology or entertainment industries, or both.
- Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial, marketing, and technology agreements, including experience with data protection and data security agreements.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- Manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
- Handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, assess business and legal risk in a practical, focused and efficient manner, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively with a high level of skill and motivation.
- Experience in the sports, entertainment, or games industry a plus.
As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Counsel
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 62
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.