VFX Artist - skate. (remote / hybrid)
Multiple Locations: British Columbia, Canada • Honolulu, HI, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Wisconsin, USA • Illinois, USA • Kentucky, USA • Maryland, USA • Minnesota, USA • Missouri, USA • North Carolina, USA • Nevada, USA • Ohio, USA • Oregon, USA • Texas, USA • Utah, USA • Virginia, USA • Washington, USA • Tennessee, USA • Michigan, USA • Ontario, Canada • Prince Edward Island, Canada • Arkansas, USA • California, USA • Colorado, USA • Florida, USA • Georgia, USA • Quebec, Canada • New Jersey, USA • Massachusetts, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Alberta, Canada • Louisiana, USA • Arizona, USA
Requisition Number: 175283
Position Title: Visual Effects Artist 2
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
Location: Hybrid and remote work options available across most North American locations.
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to provide an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
"This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer."
We are looking for an experienced VFX Artist to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development. You will report to Skate's VFX Director and work in collaboration with content creators and technical artists to bring the visual effects of skate. to life.
- Create visual effects based on the needs of content and gameplay that meets functional and technical requirements.
- Champion best practices and art style as defined by the VFX Director and Art Director.
- Work with Technical Artists and Rendering SEs to set technical standards and production processes to guide the VFX team's work and ensure that their work achieves visual quality while also meeting performance standards.
- Create proof-of-concept work in pre-production with the intent of creating proven estimates for a VFX team to replicate in production.
- Create test case levels for performance testing to establish performance benchmarks together with Technical Artists.
- Support testing and inclusion of new VFX solutions, tools & workflows.
- Communicate technical requirements for real-time game engine visual effects systems, workflows, & tools to serve game team product goals.
- Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience.
- Experience as VFX Artist on at least 1-2 shipped titles.
- Experienced with VFX authoring technologies, both in-game and offline.
- Experienced with tools such as Houdini or other DCC software to generate VFX source art.
- Ability to communicate with artists, engineers, managers to support technology and tool development.
- Experienced with problem solving as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues as it relates to making functional and performant content.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $90,550 - $137,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $86,150 - $137,700
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $86,150 - $137,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $86,150 - $126,700
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $86,150 - $126,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: VFX Artist - skate. (remote / hybrid)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 176
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.