Software Engineer - Advanced Tech Group
Múltiples localizaciones: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 175224
Position Title: Software Engineer III
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while innovating on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
The Machine Learning Software Engineer will be part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, user interface, platform systems, databases, machine learning and tools.
· Stay up to date with academic development in the field of Machine Learning
· Proposing and developing ML based solutions to solve problems in art and content generation.
· Designing and implementing Machine Learning solutions that consider game development requirements:
· Usable workflows that minimize human intervention.
· Low impact runtime complexity.
· Responsible for technical solutions covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times.
· Working with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
· Identifying and analyzing metrics throughout the development cycle.
· Providing feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
· Familiarity with machine-learning based generative art algorithms.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, statistics, machine learning or equivalent industry experience.
· 6+ years of experience in C++ software development.
· Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
· Strong knowledge of Machine Learning:
· 1+ years of experience in the field with a demonstrated practical approach to problem solving.
· Tensorflow, PyTorch, NumPy, SciPy and similar
· Understanding of optimization and management of ML training systems and associated performance costs.
· Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
· Experience with 3rd party APIs, specifically around digital content creation (Maya, Adobe Substance).
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $125,050 - $191,050
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $113,900 - $154,950
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $113,900 - $179,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Advanced Tech Group
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 127
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.