IT Service Specialist 2
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175174
Position Title: ITO Services Specialist II
IT Service Specialist 2
A full-time, site-specific position focused on IT client-based solutions enabling the development of games. Position will be responsible for close interactions with desktop level 2 and Level 3 personnel to fully understand and align with studio pipelines, processes, and bottlenecks. Role will require “self-starter” mentality and will require pro-active collaboration with Software Engineers, Technical Directors, and senior IT staff to solve title-specific client issues affecting development. Position to participate in IT communities focused on knowledge sharing. On-call after-hours support for local studio desktop support organization is a requirement. Due to the nature of the support role, the work is 100% on-site.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key Skills
- Work in an environment in which level 2 and level 3 technicians will be motivated to provide best-in-class customer service.
- Develop and coach L2 technicians to enable them to learn the technology, improve their customer service delivery skills, and broaden their skill base.
- Develop L2 technicians to enable them to assume greater responsibility in day-to-day operations of desktop support.
- Strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, development game consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Apple Mac and Apple Mac-specific software, and Apple Mac imaging.
- Strong background in testing and optimizing client workstations and applications.
- Strong understanding of microprocessor hardware and application across all device types
- Able to act as a senior level key escalation point for all technical concerns varying across multiple scopes of technology
- Strong knowledge and understanding of video conferencing equipment and usage.
- Able to provide desktop support to VP-level executives.
- 20% L3 level work and 80% L2 level work.
- Provide frontline support for technical escalations.
- Strong client OS background including Windows 10 and Mac OS.
- Set direction from a desktop technology standpoint
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong technical skills and experience.
- Strong understanding of current Desktop (and technology) hardware standards and future hardware releases.
- Familiar with studio development applications including Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, and Slack and Zoom video
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, MEM (formerly SCCM) and Endpoint Security Clients.
- Understanding of basic network protocols as well as network hardware.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a massive environment required.
- Strong knowledge of development and test hardware functionality including: updating firmware, updating to latest release for Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, and Nintendo development consoles. Troubleshooting dev/test kit capabilities and knowledge of RMA process.
- Basic understanding of server-side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast-paced environment required.
EA Job Levels (range) IT Service Specialist 2 (Junior L3 Desktop Specialist)
Education / Experience or Equiv. Combination
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (essential). 3 years previous experience in either a Desktop support or System administration role, with an ability to understand technical issues related to desktop support.
Technical Knowledge/ Depth of Expertise
- Detailed knowledge of system fundamentals
- Understands distributed system and network interaction
- Helps define best practices
- Perform initial troubleshooting of any network /server issues affecting desktop systems.
- Good knowledge of network/servers and storage.
- 2-3 yrs. Active Directory experience.
Complexity of Problem Solving
- Can answer most aspects of complex hardware and software troubleshooting
- Produce appropriate debug information
- Can find details on application and network errors
Freedom to Act/ Autonomy
- Acts independently for system tasks
- Receives general direction from management
Scope of Impact
- Medium to High impact
- Works with internal customers solving complex problems
- Works with Vendors
- Trains Entry Level Desktop Technicians
- Involved in purchase decisions
Interpersonal Skills/ Leadership Capability/ Action Values
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Can make presentations
Community / Marketing Title: IT Service Specialist 2
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-08-12 21:07:47.167
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。