Sr. User Experience Researcher - Apex Legends
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 175113
Position Title: Senior User Experience Researcher
Sr. UX Researcher
We are EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles: Apex Legends, The Sims, Jedi: Fallen Order, Madden and others. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You will report to the UXR Manager to represent the users - in all their variety and diversity- and we value building that diversity of background & opinion into the structure of our team.
- Be the source of truth for mixed methods research methods, craft, and execution for a single studio
- Understand the game(s) you work on deeply enough to perceive and communicate the implications of your findings - you don’t need to be an expert on a game when you start working on it, but you should expect to play the game enough to become one
- Communicate your findings to dev team partners in ways that help the game better achieve their design and experience goals
- You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 2+ years industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
- You have expertise in research design, experienced in at least one methodology (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
- You can write and present influential reports
- Experience with statistical packages desirable
- FPS (1st person shooter) research experience preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. User Experience Researcher - Apex Legends
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-08-03 19:59:12.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.