Senior UI Artist
Emplacement: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 175045
Position Title: Artist 2
Senior UI Artist
Location - EA Hyderabad
We’re EA - developers of world-renowned games such as —Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile’s valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary.
- Ownership – Get things done.
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games.
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks.
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do.
The Role -
As UI Artist you will be responsible for the development of Visual identity. This includes but is not limited to, Brand guidelines, typography, animation to communicate clear, consistent, key content at the right place at the right time. You will also participate in the implementing those visuals in production pipeline framework.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the brand and art directors to grasp the game’s visual identity, art direction, and brand guidelines.
- Follow design documentation to translate high-level gameplay ideas into functional UI designs.
- Work (very) closely with UX designers to visually communicate the path they’ve laid out.
- Create interface assets (menus, animation, HUD, icons, buttons, world maps, etc.) + build wireframes and mockups.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Integrate your assets using our proprietary tools and engines, with the help of programmers.
- Develop and refine your work based on feedback from collaborative teams (debug and optimize).
- Document and share your UI design workflow and best practices.
- Collaborate with the localization team to adapt menus into different languages.
You should have:
Mandatory: A portfolio to demonstrate the below requirements-
Who fits the bill:
- A college diploma in Digital Media, Computation Arts, Graphic Design,
- At least 3 years of experience in visual design or related experience
- Knowledge of design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects), game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), game limitations, and prototyping tools *
- Understanding of usability principals & information architecture
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- A sharp eye for UX design and a passion for visual communication!
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) = nice to have
- Strong portfolio demonstrating multiple art styles.
- Adaptable/versatile art style and ability to maintain a consistent look across multiple projects.
Software skills required - Must have:
- After effect
Good to have
- 3Ds Max
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UI Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-07-29 09:03:39.83
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.