UX Technical Designer - Dragon Age (12 Month Contract)
Multiple Locations: Edmonton, AB, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 175002
Position Title: Experience Designer II
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français, "Select Language" dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page.
- Implement screens, widgets, logic, and data flows with the guidance of senior technical designers.
- Design and help build tools and workflows to support iterative development.
- Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture.
- Work with our designers and programmers to determine design, technical and data requirements.
- Implement UI animation and audio of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines.
- Document features and processes within your scope of work.
- Collaborate with programming, art, audio, and animation departments on UX Design requirements.
- Communicate with production on scheduling and identify dependencies.
- Partner with QV to verify feature comprehension and completion.
- 3+ years of experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines such as Frostbite, Unreal, or Unity.
- Experience with Visual Scripting or Programming/Scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint, ActionScript, or LUA.
- Demonstrate an understanding of user experience design principles.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and online collaborative tools such as Miro is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: UX Technical Designer - Dragon Age (12 Month Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-08-02 19:58:02.727
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。