Game Designer - Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Multiple Locations: California, USA • Sacramento, CA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 174960
Position Title: Game Designer I
Capital Games is a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento. We're home to the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
We're a close-knit group of gamers passionate about creating genre-defining mobile RPGs and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is helpful, quick, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
As a Game Designer reporting to the Senior Game Designer, you will create content that aligns with business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players.
You have experience working on a live mobile game. You will demonstrate an understanding of games and player compulsion and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres. You will be a die-hard Star Wars fan with a history of creating quality, thematic content, and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a diverse environment.
Come work at an amazing studio and share your passion for Star Wars with the world!
- Play the game and become an expert in the game.
- Create and tune IP-correct content that yields accessible yet deep experiences for players.
- Build new units, gear, and events for players by using internal tools and editing game data in XML directly.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Guide change through research and live data.
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
- Have 2+ years of game design experience.
- Are an active player of mobile turn-based RPGs.
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game.
- Demonstrable content creation skills.
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods, and new platforms.
- Unity, Perforce, and scripting experience.
Recently, we've also developed a work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short-term, for employees to work remotely.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer - Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-07-25 16:08:32.097
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。