Lead Game Designer
Plats: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 174948
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Lead Game Designer
Location: EA Hyderabad, India
We're EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests. The Hyderabad game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games. Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
The main responsibilities of the Lead Game Designer are to partner with the Producer, Product Owner, Lead PM, and other team members to determine and refine the product goals as well to assist other content designers and to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
You'll lead the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, monitoring development Indicators and seeking out and applying knowledge to improve us.
How your day would look like:
- You will be the key pillar in ensuring the Game Design is at a highest standard while motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
- You will report to Producer and collaborate with all disciplines – engineering, art, QA, etc. – to implement features, systems, and content on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that our experiences and corresponding execution create the best possible game
- Investigate and analyse to validate opportunities.
- Present design and design decisions to studio leadership and executive partners.
- Work on the future of the design direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
- Demonstrate humility, admitting mistakes, and role model a commitment to learning
- Foster an inclusive environment and create a culture where everyone can grow.
Who fits the bill:
- 5+ years of experience on mobile games or games as a live service.
- 2+ years of experience working with a team of designers
- You are knowledgeable about mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- You are motivated and able to oversee design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
- You are open to ideas, criticism and engaging in healthy design discussion
- You understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
- You will work with a large team through all phases of development.
- Knowledge of NBA games and NBA as a sport is a plus.
- Familiarity with sports genres on mobile, PC, and console platforms.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. är ett globalt ledande mjukvaruföretag för interaktiv underhållning. EA levererar spel, innehåll och onlinetjänster för internetuppkopplade spelkonsoler, persondatorer, mobiltelefoner och surfplattor.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-07-22 09:52:42.93
EEO Employer Verbiage:
På Electronic Arts är vårt mål att inspirera världen till att spela. Vi skapar fantastiska nya spelupplevelser för miljontals spelare världen över genom att sammanföra talangfulla människor som kombinerar kreativitet, innovation och passion. Vi vet att vår mångfald är vår styrka. Vi skapar en inkluderande kultur för våra anställda och ger dem möjligheter att lära sig nya saker och vägleda andra anställda så de kan utföra sitt livs viktigaste och mest givande arbete.
Vi sätter våra anställda i första rummet. Vi erbjuder omfattande förmånspaket med fokus på hälsa och välstånd för att möta dina behov och hjälpa dig få en bra balans mellan karriären och privatlivet. Vi erbjuder dynamiska och samarbetsinriktade arbetsmiljöer, möjlighet att samverka via våra resursgrupper och hjälp med ett balanserat liv genom betald ledighet, föräldraledighet, gratis spel och mycket mer!
Electronic Arts är en arbetsgivare med lika möjligheter. Alla anställningsbeslut görs utan hänsyn till ras, färg, ursprung, anor, kön, könsidentitet eller -uttryck, sexuell läggning, ålder, genetisk information, religion, funktionshinder, sjukdomstillstånd, graviditet, civilstånd, familjestatus, veteranstatus eller annan karakteristik som skyddas av lagen. Electronic Arts gör också arbetsplatsen tillgänglig på det sätt som krävs för kvalificerade personer med funktionshinder, enligt gällande lagar.