Game Designer I
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 174923
Position Title: Game Designer I
Location - EA Hyderabad
We are EA – one of the world’s largest video games publishers who has been instrumental in shaping the games industry as it stands today! The company is over 39 years old and continues to entertain millions of players all over the world with high quality video games across all platforms – from social, console, mobile and handhelds! You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass- casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing, Need for Speed, Fifa Mobile, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Sims Mobile, Simcity Buildit, Bejeweled and many more!
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA’s largest development locations with more than 800+ passionate personnel involved in mobile game development, testing, production, distribution, and other central functions such as finance, central engineering and more. The game development studio, Slingshot Games, is part of the studios organization that is committed to conceptualizing and developing new games and running live services for some of EA’s top mobile games.
Slingshot Games takes great pride in being one of the critical studios for EA Mobile’s strategy for future growth. With a long track record of running an extremely diverse portfolio of games and live services across multiple genres and players, we are now home to supporting incubation of new game ideas, production of new games, running live services on some of the world’s best games on mobile! What’s even more exciting is the rapidly growing market opportunity in India – games and esports, having a world class game development team, some of the biggest IPs like Fifa, Need for Speed, Apex Legends, UFC and the focus to bring these game experiences to India!
Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
At EA, Game Designers working with our live service teams, are responsible for driving the day to day creative work that keeps our games fun, fresh and engaging.
How would your day look like:
- Work with multi-disciplined teams including Producers, Artists, Programmers, Marketing and other Leads to drive the team’s understanding of the project’s vision.
- Develop and maintain level design documentation, including but not limited to mechanics, guidelines, and gameplay outlines.
- Plan and define all the elements and components of a game, including its setting, structure, rules, story flow, characters, objects, and peripherals available to the characters; interface design; and game modes.
- Develop Prototypes in any tool of preference in order to prove design concept to team and iterate.
- Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table regarding every facet of the game.
- Coordinate with Leads to ensure that level design documentation and implementation are realistic and remain on schedule; participate in regular, hands-on interaction with Producer and Software Engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
- Lead assigned development team to define the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content for assigned products.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external creative resources.
- Establishes focus groups; trains testers to play the game, making sure that they understand what is expected of the finished product.
Who fits the bill:
- 2+ years of game design experience.
- Experience working on mobile F2P games from concept through live service.
- Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped mobile title.
- Demonstrable content creation skills.
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment.
- Creatively, analytically and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer I
Electronic Arts Inc. är ett globalt ledande mjukvaruföretag för interaktiv underhållning. EA levererar spel, innehåll och onlinetjänster för internetuppkopplade spelkonsoler, persondatorer, mobiltelefoner och surfplattor.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-07-22 09:49:34.043
EEO Employer Verbiage:
På Electronic Arts är vårt mål att inspirera världen till att spela. Vi skapar fantastiska nya spelupplevelser för miljontals spelare världen över genom att sammanföra talangfulla människor som kombinerar kreativitet, innovation och passion. Vi vet att vår mångfald är vår styrka. Vi skapar en inkluderande kultur för våra anställda och ger dem möjligheter att lära sig nya saker och vägleda andra anställda så de kan utföra sitt livs viktigaste och mest givande arbete.
Vi sätter våra anställda i första rummet. Vi erbjuder omfattande förmånspaket med fokus på hälsa och välstånd för att möta dina behov och hjälpa dig få en bra balans mellan karriären och privatlivet. Vi erbjuder dynamiska och samarbetsinriktade arbetsmiljöer, möjlighet att samverka via våra resursgrupper och hjälp med ett balanserat liv genom betald ledighet, föräldraledighet, gratis spel och mycket mer!
Electronic Arts är en arbetsgivare med lika möjligheter. Alla anställningsbeslut görs utan hänsyn till ras, färg, ursprung, anor, kön, könsidentitet eller -uttryck, sexuell läggning, ålder, genetisk information, religion, funktionshinder, sjukdomstillstånd, graviditet, civilstånd, familjestatus, veteranstatus eller annan karakteristik som skyddas av lagen. Electronic Arts gör också arbetsplatsen tillgänglig på det sätt som krävs för kvalificerade personer med funktionshinder, enligt gällande lagar.