Localization Tester II - Finnish
Plusieurs Emplacements: Madrid, Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Spain
Requisition Number: 174819
Position Title: QA Tester II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals. From software engineers, project managers, testers to audio, text and linguistic specialists, each employee has an important role to play. You will work on a wide variety of groundbreaking tools and systems to provide Localization to EA's products. With business and project management modules, workflow automation, CRM, Text, Audio, Image and Video asset management technology, EA has built a cutting-edge Localization powerhouse that covers the needs for both current and next generation platforms.
Main Purpose of the Role
Check quality of the localized products following EA procedures and requirements
- Respect EA security procedures
- You will perform a full review of the product, detect localization issues within deadline. Fix in the Database those fixable through text changes and report and regress the others.
- Make sure that no guideline related issue remains in the assessed product and report/fix them as early as possible.
- Ensure correct write-up of bugs and proposed corrections to facilitate bug fixing for studios.
- Follow testing and reporting processes, prepare, and deliver daily reports within deadline.
- Inform of any issue that may slow down or stop the LT progress as early as possible.
- Provide feedback on the quality of translations through the appropriate channels. Raise promptly any severe linguistic issue.
- Perform any additional assets review and fixing (Text, Audio scripts, Audio Reviews, Art check, Documentation, Marketing material).
- Participate in all the different steps to ensure the best quality in the localized audio.
- Be the main contact for the TFT testers in the language team.
- You will maintain teamwork within the team.
- Perform localization test in development studios if needed, complying with local rules and procedures.
- Participate in recruitment documents creation and review, and recruitment.
- Participate in training material creation, and train TFT testers.
- Support the Linguistic Expert of your language when applicable.
- Be the linguistic contact if your language is missing a Linguistic Expert.
- You are expected to suggest processes improvements to help achieve localization quality in the most efficient way.
- You will report to the team lead in charge of your language team.
- Excellent mother tongue and English skills. Fluent both written and orally in both languages
- Advanced or in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the video games industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of video game platforms (PC, consoles & software)
- Demonstrate an organised, structured approach to testing task with eye for details
Skills Preferred – Previous Experience
- Experience of similar role
- Preferable 6 months experience in Localization Testing
- You are used to work in a multi-site/cultural team
- Team player
Community / Marketing Title: Localization Tester II - Finnish
Electronic Arts est la principale société de divertissement interactif, propulsée par une technologie innovante. Nous créons des expériences incroyables pour des millions de joueurs à travers le monde. Mais ce qui compte le plus, ce sont nos gens qui nous inspirent, et le monde, à jouer. Alors que nous apportons de nouvelles formes de divertissement aux gens du monde entier, nous avons besoin de personnes créatives, collaboratives, diverses et adaptables pour continuer à améliorer Electronic Arts.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 112
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.