Software Engineer II
Multiple Locations: Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • New York, USA
Requisition Number: 174768
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EADP Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
- Help build a unified data platform
- Utilize a variety of analytics/BI tools and methods
- Develop scalable infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
- Design and Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Write reliable and efficient programs scaling to massive (petabyte) datasets and large clusters of machines
- Flexibility to work with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Work closely with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and deliver to production
- Coordinate the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
- Be a resource to business and technology partners for validation of data used in analytics and support the interpretation and use of data as applicable
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent in software development on large scale distributed system. No Experience required.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming Languages, such as Java and C++, in the development of systems, applications and web services, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses
- Software development knowledge, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- 3+ years of experience with distributed systems or large-scale database system, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, SQL, perl, awk, python, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university course projects.
- Knowledge of implementation and evaluation of parallel algorithms running on distributed systems, Hadoop/NoSQL stacks, or large-scale analytical/relational databases
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture design and implementations
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating.
It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart plans, acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-07-20 17:52:18.913
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。