Writer EA Newsroom
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 174723
Position Title: Senior Marketing Specialist I
Position Title: EA Newsroom Editor/Writer
Type of Employment: Full Time
Summary of Function:
The Senior Editor/Writer reports into Managing Editor EA Newsroom. This role is responsible for developing effective and compelling writing and storytelling that will engage defined audiences with the Electronic Art brand initiative across all channels and platforms. The role requires advanced copywriting and editing that supports marketing, creative, PR, with creative copy for email and social media, website, and other PR/marketing assets, as well as writing and editing corporate communications. Working alongside marketers, digital communication and social media specialists, Social Impact PR and Comms, this position relies on relationship building and collaboration to discover storylines and creative distribution strategies to promote EA Brand Values, single narrative and contribute to the growth of its audiences.
Writing, Editing & Proofreading
- Write high-quality strategic content, manage and deploy a brand editor/writer and partner with BCI creators
- Steward the EA brand voice and support its continuing refinement, learnings and insights…
- Set copy standards across Electronic Arts Branded channels
- Adapt tone of voice documents and tools to enterprise needs to expand reach and use of brand tone (e.g through all help channels)
- Maintain a high standard for accuracy in all communications
- Collaborate with marketing, comms, PR, external agencies, and creative teams to edit and build compelling stories and communications.
- Write copy for multi-channel campaigns adjusting messaging to the platform and audience while still maintain one narrative tone of voice, including website, ads, paid digital ads, emails and social media
- Edit copy received from various sources for brand alignment, accuracy of grammar, punctuation, formatting, and style
- Onboarding and managing agency and freelance copywriters for TOV
- Effectively manage deliverables in a deadline-driven environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage and follow workflow process including internal circulations, revisions, approvals, and signoffs.
- Have a passion for people and collaboration
- Someone who has a pulse of the world events and can ensure that we’re always leading and communicating with empathy – right place, right time, and not tone deaf to the world events.
- Ideally someone with DEI experience and editorial direction
- Always advocate for the employee experience
- Think 360 degrees, multi-channel, multi-audience (what hits in one channel has ripple effect to others across studios, etc.)
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or similar writing-intensive programs.
- 5+ years of editing and copywriting experience preferably in an agency.
Ideally a background in writing copy for DEI
- Exceptional grammar, writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Experience writing Tone and voice guides, style guide and training materials
- Experience writing and developing content for advertising (print, radio, and digital platforms), on-site copy, promotional and editorial content.
- Comprehensive understanding of tone of voice and ability to adapt to a multitude of programs, audiences, and brands.
- A work ethic and ability to produce a large amount of high-quality content in many different verticals, from social to longer-form editorial for programs and PR.
- Outstanding ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- A team player who enjoys and excels in collaborating with colleagues.
Community / Marketing Title: Writer EA Newsroom
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-07-15 22:15:40.53
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。