Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 174676
Position Title: Manager, Product Management
As an increasing array of live service games makes it to market, the appetite for standardized backend solutions grows. Here at EA, we know that great live service games require robust tools. From enabling game designers to A/B test rewards, to helping customer service agents amend broken game states, EA is committed to improving the pipeline between game-maker and player.
We are looking for a Product Manager that knows that infrastructure is the key to success for any Games as a service product. If you have experience with building live service tooling, or content management solutions and are passionate about modern development standards, this is the team for you!
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments.
- Meet with customers to understand requirements, wrangle the product vision and bring the products to life from concept to delivery.
- Together with stakeholders, determine the product strategy and manage the product roadmap.
- Guide execution with the development team against our plan, making tradeoffs and anticipating challenges
- Communicate with the customers and the development team often to ensure clarity and alignment.
- Build trusted relationships with strategic partners and clients
- Follow technical trends in the industry and maintain your product expertise.
- Assess the latest products for their potential value and make recommendations for new Product opportunities.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Help create and maintain proper product documentation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience interviewing partners and customers, and eliciting requirements to inform product vision
- Client management skills with an emphasis on being attentive, responsive and accurate
- Identify challenges and opportunities and resourcefully pursue them
- Technical skills with experience delivering value to the business
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently
- Determine success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Measure product performance and gather important insights to inform future enhancements.
- Experience managing projects from concept to delivery
- Experience working with engineering teams and third-party technology partners
- Software engineering experience a plus
- Experience with social features in games is a plus
- Experience with game development or a live services environment
- 3+ years of experience working in a product development or engineering role
- You find creative solutions and pursue them
- You have a natural curiosity with a love of learning
- You are customer-focused and a trusted partner
- You have a passion for new technology
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 141
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.