Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure)
Multiple Locations: Guildford, UK • Cologne, Germany • Madrid, Spain • Amsterdam, Netherlands • Stockholm, Sweden • Stratford, London, UK • Germany • Sweden • Spain • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 174618
Position Title: Site Reliability Engineer III
Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the essential platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's live services. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that promote rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, your role covers the entire life-cycle of a product-- from helping developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. Your primary focus will be automation and continuous integration/delivery with an emphasis on solving operations issues using software. You will report to the Senior SRE Manager.
- You will build and operate distributed, large-scale, cloud-based infrastructure using modern open-source software solutions.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will design and build CI/CD pipelines.
- You will create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
- 3+ years of experience with Virtualization, Containerization, Cloud Computing (AWS preferred), VMWare ecosystems, Kubernetes, or Docker.
- 3+ years of experience supporting high-availability production-grade infrastructure and applications with defined SLIs and SLOs.
- Systems Administration experience, including a strong understanding of Linux / Unix.
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components.
- Automation and orchestration experience including Terraform, Helm, Chef, Puppet, Packer.
- Experience writing code in Python, Golang, or Java.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 222
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.